Can someone please give me some good recommendations for books on Chinese history, or just books about China in general? Also, are there any good books by Chinese authors that I should read?
And/or can someone recommend any good Chinese movies and TV shows?
I’m searching around on the internet for books & movies at the moment, but it’s hard to tell what’s worth reading/watching sometimes.
You can reply in my ask box. Thanks.
If anyone would like to Skype with me tonight, send a message to my ask box and we’ll figure out a good time for it.
I only used Skype once or twice a long while ago now, so I never mentioned I had one.
But since I’m going to be on there tonight anyway, might as well make a couple connections.
Tagged by omidvaar
First 20 songs on shuffle:
[I don’t have a playlist, so I’m going to change this to 20 songs I like. One song per artist.]
“Balderrama”- Mercedes Sosa
”Plegaria a un Labrador”- Victor Jara
”No Cars Go" -Arcade Fire
”London Calling" -The Clash
”Waist Deep in the Big Muddy" -Pete Seeger
”This Land is Your Land" -Woody Guthrie
”There But for Fortune" -Phil Ochs
”How Soon is Now?"-The Smiths
”Ol’ Man River" -Paul Robeson
”I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm" -Billie Holiday
”Hopeless Wanderer" -Mumford & Sons
”If I Had a Hammer" -Peter, Paul, & Mary
”The Sound of Silence" -Simon & Garfunkel
”Hungarian Dance No. 5" -Johannes Brahms
”Dance of the Oprichniks" -Sergei Prokofiev
”Little Talks" -Of Monsters and Men
”Running up that Hill" -Kate Bush
”Friday I’m In Love" -The Cure
”Celestica" -Crystal Castles
”Blowin’ in the Wind" -Bob Dylan
The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
The Iron Heel by Jack London
The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein
A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
Nausea by Jean-Paul Sartre
The Motorcycle Diaries by Ernesto “Che” Guevara
Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
Open Veins of Latin America by Eduardo Galeano
The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
Ten random facts:
1. I have four cats.
2. I’m a big auto racing fan. That makes sense, since I’m from Daytona.
3. When I was a kid, I had a salt water fish tank in my room. I would watch the fish swimming around until I fell asleep.
4. I’m very, very single. lol.
5. The only time I have been outside the United States so far was when I spent a day on the other side of the U.S.-Mexico border. I was 4 years old.
6. Even though I live near the beach, I don’t go to it very often.
7. I can be pretty shy in person.
8. I haven’t shaved off my beard since I was 14.
9. I’ve never seen real snow on the ground before (a consequence of living in Florida my whole life).
10. My favorite movie of all time is Charlie Chaplin’s The Great Dictator (1940).
I’m not going to tag anyone, but maybe my-savage-garden would like to do it? lol. I don’t know….Any of my followers can do it if they want to.